Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Awesome Sauce Discount: Get Your Old Photos Scanned & Digital! [DailyCandy Deals]

Little Jenny in Taiwan: What my inner child looks like.
(Also the source of my CreativeLife podcast logo)
Old photos and media are often the most-time consuming and tedious things to organize.

Why?

Believe it or not (cough. cough. kids born after the year 1992), we once had to take photos on film and get them "developed" so we can actually see the results! 

Sitting there with dusty boxes representing a lifetime of trips down memory lane is fine for like fifteen minutes, but really?  Do you want to stick each 3 by 5 inch sheet of little Timmy blowing out the birthday cake and Nana squeezing the life out of your auntie through your home scanner?

I think most people would rather get a root canal.

That's why you hire professional organizers like me! OR you get professional photo scanners like El Segundo-based ScanDigital or San Diego-based PhotoBin!  

I did.  I actually got myself a discount deal for using ScanDigital from Groupon last year.  I'll save THAT experience for an upcoming blog post. There, I'll explain the BEST strategies for getting the MOST out of your scanning deal.
Side Note: And I would say, most of the time, I would refrain from using these prepay discount deals because they tend to sit there like the gift cards your Auntie thought you'd use but is just taunting you from your junk drawer collecting dust.
Because I had it done, I have these little gems ready to use on my computer!

Dad (Right) and his army buddy. REEEAAALLY old photo

I had a stick-out-the-tongue phase, I guess.
Photo scanning is like seeing the dentist for a cleaning; You know you should do it, but you always put it off for fear of the potentially painful experience. Getting old photos digitized is ALWAYS at the end of my clients' home organizing to-do list. That's why getting a discount for this service is a real value.  

When I saw this DailyCandy Deal for PhotoBin pop up in my inbox, I had to share. I'm not getting ANYTHING from the company but it is my duty to spread the love for hiring OTHER people to do the stuff that's important but pretty tough to do.  You have until Monday, August 15th to get this deal. Enjoy!

DO YOU HAVE AN EXPERIENCE WITH DIGITAL SCANNING SERVICES? ARE YOU THE FAMILY HISTORIAN? PLEASE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! 
No. Really. Do it.  Just click comment below. It's easy. I'll totally read it. And it will help me write that next blog post about getting the most out of using a scanning service. Thank you!

Say it with me: "Sometimes outsourcing is okay."  Get a professional to do it. (Image via PhotoBin Facebook Page)
The Offer$39 for $99 Worth of Digital ArchivingGo for the basic Value Kit 500 (a $99 value), which includes scanning of up to 500 printed photos for perfect digital preservation. You’ll receive a postage-paid box and packing materials to protect your pictures during transport. With a quick turnaround, the PhotoBin pros will digitize each one on your choice of CD or DVD. Got pictures out the wazoo? Use the Deal toward the Value Kit 1000 ($189). - DailyCandy Deals website

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...