Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Organizing Essential #1: The Double-Hang Closet Rod

I'd like to teach the world to sing...in perfect harmony...
Okay. More like,
I'd like to teach the world to double their closet space...for greater efficiency.
This is the FIRST in a series where I'll be sharing with you my "Organizing Essentials"!  These are the gadgets, systems and doohickeys that are the go-to tools for me in making MY life and my clients' lives more organized, efficient and sane. And not EVERY tool can make the cut. Only the ones that are excellent bangs for your buck.  I believe in reuse, reduce and recycle.  But sometimes a good tool that's simple and highly effective is worth it's weight in tax-write-off donations gold.

So here it is...complete with ZERO fanfare or bright lights and colors...it's the (drumroll please...)

DOUBLE-HANG CLOSET ROD
Source: available from The Container Store (or online shopping venues)
Price: $9.99
Awesome Sauce Factor: Inexpensive and high impact! Doubles your closet space.
The Double-Hang Closet Rod at The Container Store

This genius invention simply works with your existing closet rod to provide ANOTHER rod underneath to double your closet space.  Just hook it on!  No holes to drill!

And it's CHEAP! Just some metal and wood.  You COULD get a more expensive one, like the Dublet Adjustable Closet Rod Expander by Umbra®. But why? It's double the price.

I like to use this for hanging my shorter blouses and sweaters on top and then my slacks and skirts down below. It's the perfect way to use that empty space beneath your clothing (if you're not already using it for shoe storage like I have in other parts of my closet).

That's it!  Simple dimple.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...